Privacy may seem daunting. It does not have to be. We have your personal interest at the heart of our business culture. This page has been designed for those who are concerned about their personal information. It underlines our approach to privacy and personal data. This privacy notice provides you with details of how we collect and process your personal data through your use of scottbainbridge.co.uk.
When using our site, you may be asked (when sending a message, making a reservation or subscribing) to enter your name, email address and other details. Some information provided is essential for good functionality, and failure to provide it may result in errors making it impossible for our website to facilitate its services. Some data is not mandatory, thus users are free to communicate it or not according to their own preferences. If you find it confusing and are not sure which information is mandatory and which is not, feel free to contact us at any time. We may use the information we are provided with for business, analytical and admin purposes. We may also use your information to personalize and improve the services we offer, to send periodic emails regarding our services for the very purpose of serving you in a better way.
Scott Bainbridge – Residential Sales and Lettings
37 Market Place,
Kendal, Cumbria, LA9 4TP
01539 725 496
What Personal Information We Collect & For What Purpose
Personal data refers to any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data. As part of your interaction with our website/business, we may process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Communication Data that includes any communication that you send to us whether that be through the contact forms on our website, through email, text, social media or any other means of communication. We process this data for the purposes of communicating with you, for record keeping and for the establishment, pursuance or defence of legal claims. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to reply to communications sent to us, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
- Customer Data that includes data relating to any applicant (i.e. sellers, vendors, owners, tenants, investors, etc.). It refers to information such as your name, title, billing address, delivery address email address, phone number, contact details, purchase details, employment status, etc. We process this data to supply services you have enquired of, and to keep records of such transactions. Our lawful ground for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us (this includes a tenancy application form – if needed) and/or taking steps at your request to enter into such an agreement
- Marketing Data that includes details about your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences. We process this data to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising. If you have subscribed to our mailing list or have been in touch with us regarding the services we offer (or have enquired about a certain type of properties we present for sale/rent) we cannot presume that your needs have been fulfilled by a different service provider. Therefore, it is your freedom and responsability to request your Data to be altered (if inaccurate), suspended or removed at any time from our marketing list. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to study how customers use our website – this will enable us to develop a better company system, to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy. As part of our marketing strategy, we may use the information we gather through cookies in order to serve ads to those who visited our website. This technique is called ‘remarketing’ and uses custom audiences based on statistical information gathered from Google and Facebook (example: our website uses Google Analytics – this sets up a GA cookie on your device to store preferences and other information such as the device used or the time spent on the website – Google’s Display Network comprises of a number of websites that display allow ads to be displayed on their websites – we may run a marketing campaign, either by using Google AdWords or Facebook Ads Platform, to retarget all previous visitors to our website in order to remind them of our products and services – in most cases, ads will be served to you on GDN – to stop Google from serving personalized ads, please visit Google’s Ads Settings). There is also an add-on to Opt out of Google Analytics. Facebook uses a similar system to serve ads. These can be amended as well – Facebook Ads Preferences.
- Technical and Analytical Data that includes data about your use of our website and online services such as details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website. The source of this data is from our analytics tracking system. We process this data to analyse your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and website, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business and to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy. (we anonymise your IP address for statistical analysis, and use your real IP only to automatically test for security reasons – i.e. anti-spam).
- Content Display and Social Interaction – In order to improve User Experience, and to properly display the content we share and consider relevant for our business and for your interests, we may integrate content hosted on external platforms (i.e. Google, Facebook, YouTube). These services may collect some web traffic information or usage data. The information obtained through this website are always subject to the User’s privacy settings for each social network.
- Platform, Hosting, Backups and Other Adjacent Services – These services have the purpose of hosting and running key components of this website and providing everything from a unified platform. They are strictly mandatory and without these services, we cannot properly run this website. They also enable us to use a range of tools, such as analytics, user registration, comments management, database admin, etc. By using this website you agree to these terms.
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
We may use Customer Data, Technical Data, and Marketing Data to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you (including Facebook adverts or other Google Ads) and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you. Our lawful ground for this processing is legitimate interests which is to grow our business.
Where we are required to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of the contract between us and you do not provide us with that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract (for example, to assess your property for an appraisal/valuation, or to check the status of your employment if you apply for a tenancy). If you don’t provide us with the requested data, we may have to cancel the process/service you have requested but if we do, we will notify you at the time.
We will only use your personal data for a purpose it was collected for or a reasonably compatible purpose if necessary. For more information on this, feel free to contact us. In case we need to use your details for an unrelated new purpose we will let you know and explain the legal grounds for processing.
We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law. We do not carry out automated decision making.
Our lawful ground of processing your personal data to send you marketing communications is either your consent or our legitimate interests (namely to grow our business, to provide services you expressed an interest in).
Under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, we may send you marketing communications from us if (i) you made a purchase or asked for information from us about our goods or services or(ii) you agreed to receive marketing communications and in each case you have not opted out of receiving such communications since. Under these regulations, if you are a limited company, we may send you marketing emails without your consent. However, you can still opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by requesting it here.
If you opt out of receiving marketing communications this opt-out does not apply to personal data provided as a result of other transactions, such as sale completions, tenancy agreements etc.
As we collect your personal information, we may use 3rd party services that enable us to administrate a database. You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time.
Data Collected From and Transferred To 3rd Parties
As previously stated, most of the data we collect about you is provided directly to us by you (i.e. by sending a message using our form, making a reservation, subscribing to our marketing list, requesting off-line property details, office-based conversations, etc).
- We may receive data from third parties such as analytics providers and advertising networks (i.e Google and Facebook).
- We may also receive your personal information from 3rd party property portals as you make an enquiry with our partners (i.e. On The Market, Westmorland Gazette, etc).
As an Estate Agency, we work with a good number of 3rd party freelancers, contractors and service providers. This enables us to offer our services and support at the highest quality and as quickly as possible. Therefore, we may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- IT and system administration and management services.
- Professional advisers (solicitors, bankers, insurers, marketing and admin consultants)
- Contractors (property management technicians, referencing)
- Government bodies that require us to report processing activities.
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Some of our third parties service providers are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we do our best to ensure a similar degree of security of data by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is in place:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that the European Commission have approved as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data by; or
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or certification mechanisms approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe; or
- If we use US-based providers that are part of EU-US Privacy Shield, we may transfer data to them, as they have equivalent safeguards in place.
If none of the above safeguards is available, we may request your explicit consent to the specific transfer. You will have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
We have put in place security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed, or accessed without authorisation. We also allow access to your personal data only to those employees and partners who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they must keep it confidential.
The Data processing is performed using a range of devices (computers, phones), as well as other IT services and tools. Thus, personal information may be accessible to people/entities empowered to provide our services. These may include services that are necessary for the good functionality of our website, for admin or marketing purposes (e.g. mail processors).
We take some of the latest security precautions to protect personal data from being stolen, lost or misused, and to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure or modification.
We take this very seriously. While try our best to keep up with the latest security measures in order to protect data, but we cannot 100% guarantee the security of data sent over the internet or any other wireless network, and are not responsible for the actions of any 3rd parties that may receive such information. Please beware of data fraud and try keeping your sensitive information (such as passwords) safe.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
When deciding what the correct time is to keep the data for we look at its amount, nature and sensitivity, potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure, the processing purposes, if these can be achieved by other means and legal requirements.
For tax purposes, the law requires us to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they stop being customers.
In some circumstances, we may anonymise your personal data for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
If you have subscribed to our mailing list or have been in touch with us regarding the services we offer, we cannot presume that your needs have been fulfilled by a different service provider. Therefore, it is your responsibility and freedom to request your Data to be altered (if incorrect), suspended or removed at any time.
Under data protection laws you have rights in relation to your personal data that include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, objections to processing, to portability of data and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent.
You can see more about these rights at ICO – Guide to Individual Rights
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please use this contact form.
Please be aware that, when doing so, we may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We should be grateful if you would contact us first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you. Your security is our priority and we are more than happy to help fight for your rights.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins, and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
We may update the terms of this policy from time-to-time. We may notify you via email, but please check this page for the latest version.